Anniversary

Monday, May 31, 2010

Climbing at The Front



Today was my first day climbing with Mark and Brooke, they're teaching me how to really climb, like outdoors, not walls with colorful handholds. I was so excited!!!! We were going to go up into the foothills above Boise but the weather didn't want to cooperate SO we ended up at their climbing gym, The Front.

The gym was so much fun... my arms are so so dead. Mark taught me the basics of the equipment they use and how its similar and different to the equipment I've used before, and then we climbed :D


We started on the harness walls and I did some pretty hard trails, worked on using my legs as much as possible which is really important for me especially because I have virtually no upper body strength (ok i have some but not nearly as much as I need.)


After that we bouldered.


Bouldering is climbing without a harness, it is really good for building strength and it is nice because you aren't held back by a belayer and a rope.





This is part of the bouldering wall at The Front, without grips on it.

This is the bouldering wall with handholds, but it doesn't look nearly as big as it really is.

I learned a lot and had a lot of fun, and I can't wait until the weather warms up and i can go climbing outdoors with them.










No comments: