Anniversary

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Lets be honest...

Here it is, short and sweet, my thoughts for the day.
Its kinda self justifying so if you're not in the mood to hear me talk about myself, stop reading. Now.
So, I was reading my sister's blog, and that led me to another blog, and both of them were talking about how they were constantly comparing themselves to everyone around them.
I can totally relate, no shocker there. I think everyone probably can.
So then I started thinking about how much I really do compare myself to other people, and, yup, you guessed it, it happens WAY TOO MUCH.
If someone asked me if I was confident in my self image I would say yes without skipping a beat.
But, when I think about it, I'm really not quite as sure as I sound.
I spend a lot of time comparing myself to the people around me.
Problem number one: I'm not them.
Problem number two: No one expects me to be someone else.
Problem number three: I judge myself for things I would never judge other people for.
Problem number four: I WAY stress over things like this and NEVER let them out cause I'm scared of what other people will think and am not very comfortable letting people know that I'm not as confidant as I try to seem.
Basically, I recognize the fact that I am not perfect, and I think that recognizing that and being conscious of it will help me to not judge myself too hard.
Yes, I am insecure.
Yes, I get a little jealous sometimes.
Yes, I judge myself harder than others judge me.
Yes, I have things I could be better at,
BUT I'm ok with not being perfect.
I'll settle for just being good at being me.


1 comment:

Rachel Ann said...

So I love you. Like a lot.
And I'm super glad you are you.
Best. sister. ever.