Anniversary

Friday, September 3, 2010

Lake Powell!!!

So, I'm just gonna start off by saying sorry this isn't as great as it should be, it was just taking WAY too long and I was sick of not having it up, so here it is. The pictures at the beginning are ones that i wanted to include but was too lazy to place. :)




I finally got to go back to Lake Powell this summer!!! My family goes about every other year with my grandpa but I haven't been able to go for quite awhile because of school. We were counting down the days for months before we left, I think I was more excited for Lake Powell than I was for Graduation. :) AND.... the best part is that my very best friend Keshia got to come with us!!! I have wanted to take a friend to the lake with us ever since I was little and I finally got the chance and it was even more special because it was Keshia that got to come.
(For anyone who doesn't know, Keshia and I have been BFFssince 7th grade but she moved to Twin Falls in the middle of our Sophomore year and we haven't been able to see each other nearly enough since then.) Sounds too good to be true right? I finally get to go back, my whole family is going (dad has missed out a bunch cause of work), my best friend gets to come, Nicole (my favorite cousin) gets to come, so perfect right? WRONG. I found out in May that I had to come to college 3 days earlier than we had been planning on, and those 3 days just so happened to overlap our Lake Powell time. :( So I had to leave the lake early and drive 5 hours over to Cedar City for a RIDICULOUSLY STUPID Freshman Orientation. Don't get me wrong, I loved hanging with my roommies during that time but the orientation part was a joke. Seriously. So I packed my car full of all my college stuff and left straight from home to Lake Powell to college.

But, baking up for a minute, Lake Powell was SO SO SO much fun. I always love it there and this time was no exception. We were able to get on the house
boat a day early so I had more time before I left which was super exciting and I had tons of fun while I was there. Friday night we stayed at the Green River campground so we didn't have to go so far all in one day. Saturday morning we all woke up, changed and had breakfast.
But, I was the only one on top of my game, I put my swimsuit on that morning so I could be the first one in the water and not have to change once we got there. :D

Well, we drove about 3 hours that morning,
(I was counting down the miles the whole way) and then...WE MADE IT!!!!
I was so so so so so excited and guess who was the first one in the water? You got it!!! ME!!! :D
So that first night we got on the lake and headed down lake (toward Rainbow Bridge) a ways and camped for the night. Sleeping on the lake is always an adventure cause it is so flipping hot and the red rock just radiates heat for hours after the sun goes down. So we sleep on the top of the houseboat, on the upper deck with just pillows and sheets cause its ridiculously hot. The first two nights I barely slept at all. Well Sunday we just chilled and moved to a new campsite. I have a favorite thing to do while we're traveling up and down the lake, we go sit on the very front of the boat and stick our feet in the water while the boat is moving, it is so much fun. The picture's not very good but sometimes the water makes the coolest shapes and stuff as it moves around your feet but it comes and goes so fast its hard to get a picture of.
Monday we took the speed boat down to Rainbow Bridge, and it was a blast. I hadn't ever been there that I could remember, (I went once when my mom was pregnant with me and i think once more when I was really little but....) The only problem was, the boat was seriously spazzing out. There was something wrong with the gas/oxygen mix entering the engine and it felt like dad was just moving the throttle up and down and up and down, just as it got to full power it would go right back down and right back up. But we made it there and back ok, cleaned the fuel filter when we got back to the house boat and it worked just fine after that, it only was being stupid long enough to make me sick haha.

Love the matching shirts?


The rest of the trip we pretty much just chilled, skiied, wakeboarded(well, we tried), kneebaorded, and tubed, played games, swam and did some hiking. The best part though would have to be Tuesday night. There had been a thunderstorm Monday night but nothing close, but Tuesday night around 6-7 pm a huge storm rolled in. Our campsite was, thankfully, almost completely protected from the wind and it just started POURING RAIN. As the rain was pounding down, we started seeing waterfalls pouring over the tops of the cliffs.
It was pretty darn cool.

The rest of the week was fun, I LOVE spending time with my family, hiking, boating, swimming, everything.
I think my greatest accomplishment was learneing how to do a front flip off the diving board without landing flat on my back. :)
All in all it was a great week.

No comments: