Anniversary

Thursday, September 9, 2010

My Amazing Roommates


I know I'm skipping ahead alot but I promise I'll go back, I just need to blog about my amazing roommates first. My roommates are absolutely the best there are. I am so blessed to have been placed with these girls.

First is Sara.





Sara is my ROOMmate. Sara is such a bright shining star. Each day she does something to make my life better. Sara is from Pleasant Grove and she is a swimmer. She is cute and always happy and so willing to make things work in our apartment.
She puts up with my side of the room being messy, with my non-stop talking, and most of all, with my early morning alarm that I hit snooze on at least once every morning.


Next is McKenzie.


Kenzie is from Centerville, she is a dance major, and her nickname is Bob. Like SpongeBob, except there's a much longer story about where it came from.
Kenzie is the spunkiest girl I have ever met. She is funny and happy and always ready to get a little silly to have some fun.



Kali is third.




Kali is from Provo. She dances and cheers and is the cutest girl you'll ever see.
She cooks delicious smelling food and does a lot of the work to keep the apartment clean. She is sweet and perky and can always make me smile.


Kendra and Chantel are in the last (but not least) room.





I am only clumping them together because thats how they have always been in my head because they knew each other before we all moved in together.
Kendra always has a big smile on her face and is always willing to share a laugh.
Chantel is hilarious. She tells us stories and makes us scream and we all have an absolute blast together.

Basically, my roommies are great to start with, but today they really proved how much they mean to me.
First, tonight we had a dance party in our room, and in the hall, and in the dark. It was a blast. We brought out Kali's speakers and bass and had some rocking music playing. We had so much fun.
Then I got a phone call with some bad news.
This week I was supposed to have the opportunity to be a part of a relay team running the Red Rock Relay from Bryan Head to Zion and then at the last minute the team decided they didn't want me to run with them. I was extremely bummed and at first a little emotional. I cried it out for a little bit on the phone with my mom and my sister and when I came back into my apartment my roommates were there ready to do anything to make me feel better about an unfortunate situation. They even offered to take me out running at 3:00 in the morning just like I would have done in the relay. They joked with me and gave me hugs and I was feeling better in minutes. I am truly grateful that they took the time to help me feel better. I love their compassion and strength and I am so blessed to have them as my roommates.


1 comment:

Beth said...

What great pics of the cutest roomies!! Sounds like they are perfect friends and support group for you this year! I am so excited for you. Sorry the run didn't work out, but there will be many other crazy things for you jump into and sign up for at the last minute :)

Have fun, and stay outta trouble!